Here are some tips and advice on the best time to buy home heating oil.
Everything we do, we do it with energy! We build great businesses with it. We seek new opportunities with it. We enable people to fulfil their potential with it.
Our brand purpose is energy forward and our vision is to become Ireland’s most exciting energy company connecting people and businesses to the most progressive & innovative energy solutions available.
We believe small steps over time equal big strides. We know we’ve a huge amount to do but we are committed to living our brand purpose in order to reach the global net energy goal of limiting global warming by 1.5 C by 2050.
We’ve pledged to use less, waste less, and save more while providing lower carbon energy alternatives to our customers. We’ve set a series of goals which we’re working towards. Here are some of the initiatives we are focusing on:
1. Reduce our energy consumption in our Certa facilities
We endeavour to reduce our energy consumption in our Certa facilities and seek lower carbon energy sources for the energy we use on our facilities. By 2025 we will be on track to reduce our Scope 1 and our Scope 2 carbon emissions by 50%.
- Over 10% of our forecourts are generating their own power from the Solar PV panels. The number of sites utilising solar PV is continuing to grow as we upgrade sites.
- We use LED lighting across our forecourt sites. LED is considered to be one of the most energy efficient lighting solutions available using 75% less electricity than traditional bulbs.
- All our electricity across the entire Certa operation is powered by 100% Green electricity.
2. Fuel and fleet management technologies
Fuel and fleet management technologies can significantly minimise waste and reduce emissions. With this in mind, we’re piloting different initiatives to reduce our fuel consumption:
- Our 103 strong fleet of trucks are transitioning to HVO. HVO is considered one of the cleanest fuel alternatives to diesel. It eliminates CO2 emissions by up to 90 percent. By the end of 2023 we are working towards transitioning our entire truck fleet to HVO.
Our driver fleet are currently piloting the Greener HGV Programme, a programme which has been created in partnership with the Dept of Communications, Climate Action and Environment, in association with CORCRA and 3CEA. This programme aims to reduce the amount fuel trucks use per KM driven, leveraging telematics and telemetry solutions designed to reduce fuel consumption, whilst fostering a more efficient driving culture. We’re baselining and putting reduction targets in place from 2023 onwards.
Information is power. While most people want to make greener choices it’s hard to know where to start and what actually will have an impact.
When we opened our first pay@ pump forecourt in 2020, we were the first brand to include carbon emissions calculation on every receipt, to give customers an understanding of how much carbon they were emitting. Tracking carbon emissions is a very handy way of monitoring the environmental impact of energy being consumed. We’ve extended this now to all home heating receipts too.
This carbon emissions calculation, is based on the average blends of fossil fuels and biofuels used in Ireland. We have used life-cycle emission factors for fossil fuels as published by DEFRA UK, and calculated the well-to-tank emission factors for the biofuel content from information published by Ireland’s National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA).
We’re the Official Energy Sponsor of the National Ploughing Championships and we supply Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO) to all generators powering the event. This was a first for the Ploughing Championships. Next year we hope to raise the bar by delivering even more lower carbon energy solutions.
5. Sustainable product range:
We’re continually looking to build out decarbonisation solutions for commercial, industrial and domestic customers that are both affordable and effective.
- For businesses reliant on diesel, HVO provides a real opportunity to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by up to 90%. For large commercial fleets, this greener diesel alternative is ideal for on- and off-road vehicles across a range of industries including construction, agriculture, road and rail transport, haulage, marine and the public sector. HVO is manufactured from 100% renewable and sustainable waste, Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil (HVO) is a paraffinic drop-in fuel that can be used as a replacement for diesel, meeting EN15940 standards.
- For domestic home heating oil we sell additives which guarantee a lower carbon build up, and improved performance. We offer Premium Heating Oil & Cooker Additive Oils.